ZIMBABWE AID FUND XMAS UPDATE
As 2015 comes to a close we would like to thank-you all for your wonderful support received through the year and to update you on the situation of the pensioners in Zimbabwe.
- ZAF continues to send all donations through to SOAP in both Harare and Bulawayo who between them support over 350 pensioners. The funds are used to purchase essential food items for the pensioners which are delivered on a monthly basis. Both SOAP’s continue to carefully screen all applicants for assistance to ensure only the most deserving are being assisted. The work being done in Zimbabwe is all voluntary and 100% of your donations are being used to feed the elderly.
- Updates from the two SOAPS can be viewed on our website.
- A big thank you to our monthly donors who together donate over $2000 a month to the pensioners. We are also continually amazed by the generosity of the one off donations received through the year. Thank you, the support is very much appreciated and is an enormous help.
- The annual golf day held at Boomerang Golf Club in September raised over $25 000. Thank you to all who attended and for all the assistance, donations of prizes and raffle items and support that we received. A special thanks to James King and his team at Boomerang Golf Club for all their help and support.
- The Toowoomba Charity Cricket Festival was held on Saturday the 3rd October.This is the second year that it has been held and is now an annual event. Over $5600 was raised this year. We would like to thank Simon and Alex Lamont and all their helpers for organizing this fundraiser, a great day and a great effort.
- Finally thank-you everyone for your support. For anyone who has not received our acknowledgement of thanks and receipts for donations please let us have your email address as we have received donations but either have no contact details or our emails have been returned. Every donation no matter how much makes a big difference and is very much appreciate.
- Should you wish to make a Xmas donation our bank details are as follows:
The Zimbabwe Aid Fund
Updates information and our audited financial accounts are posted on our website. Please like us on Facebook if you wish to join our page and receive regular updates and please don’t hesitate to unsubscribe should you not want to receive this newsletter!.
Our very best wishes to you all for 2016
Mike and Shelley Mino
On behalf of the Committee of the Zimbabwe Aid fund
Leave a Comment