ZIMBABWE AID FUND XMAS UPDATE & APPEAL
As 2019 comes to a close we would like to thank-you all for your wonderful support received through the year and to update you on the situation of the pensioners in Zimbabwe.
• The Zimbabwe Aid Fund continues to provide funds to SOAP in Harare and SOAP in Bulawayo on a regular basis. The funds between them support over 330 pensioners who are both resident in old age homes and are living independently. The food parcels are delivered to the pensioners on a monthly basis by volunteers. Foodstuffs are procured locally wherever possible and until recently it was possible to purchase imported items from local merchants. The procurement of imported items has now become more difficult. The currency situation in Zimbabwe changes daily, however the Zimbabwe Aid Fund makes every effort to ensure the money that is transferred is done to the best advantage of SOAP and the Pensioners. All work is done on a voluntary basis and both the Zimbabwe Aid Fund and the two SOAPs have little or no administration expenses.
• Xmas updates from the two SOAPS can be viewed on our website.
• A big thank you to our monthly donors who together donate over $2000 a month to the pensioners. We are also continually amazed by the generosity of the one off donations received through the year. Thank you, the support is very much appreciated and is an enormous help.
• The annual golf day held at Boomerang Golf Club in September raised over $30 000. Thank you to all who attended and for all the assistance, donations of prizes and raffle items and support that we received. A special thanks to James King and his team at Boomerang Golf Club for all their help and support.
• The Annual Toowoomba Charity Cricket Festival was held in October. Over $13 600 was raised this year. We would like to thank the Toowoomba Cricket Committee and all their helpers for organizing this fundraiser, a great day and a great effort. Our thanks also to Simon Lamont for all his input over the years in ensuring that this great fundraiser continues.
• The Mackay community held a casual lunch in September where over $1600 was raised. Thanks to Pete Baum and his helpers for organising this.
• Finally thank-you everyone for your support. For anyone who has not received our acknowledgement of thanks and receipts for donations please let us have your email address as we have received donations but either have no contact details or our emails have been returned. Every donation no matter how much makes a big difference and is very much appreciated. The contributions made by the Zimbabwe Aid Fund are very important in guaranteeing the survival of the SOAP operations and through them their pensioners
Should you wish to make a Xmas donation our bank details are as follows:
The Zimbabwe Aid Fund
Updates information and our audited financial accounts are posted on our website. You are able to subscribe to our newsletter there. Please like us on Facebook if you wish to join our page. Please dont hesitate to unsubscribe should you not want to receive this newsletter.
Our very best wishes to you all for 2020
Mike & Shelley Mino
On behalf of the Committee of the
Zimbabwe Aid Fund