Zimbabwe Aid Fund Fundraiser
On March 13th-20th this year, 4 of us will embark on tackling the worlds toughest Mountain Bike Stage race. We will cover over 647KM’s of Africa’s toughest terrain and climb a vertical ascent of 15,000m’s which is almost twice that of Everest in 8 days. For more details on the race see this video:
One of us will be my father who will be riding with me in a team and he is 69 years old. He is proving that age is just a number and speaking of numbers, we will be riding to raise funds for the elderly people of Zimbabwe. As you know, Zimbabwe’s currency is worth ZERO and thousands people invested all their retirement money in the now worthless Zimbabwe Dollar.
To make a donation and more on the Zimbabwe Aid Fund please use this link AND when donating in the Reference (Optional) line please use: Epic SOAP as your reference so we can track the amount raised.
A HUGE thank you to Ratmir and Andrei from Veeam Software for making this possible. Without your help we would not be able to have done this, this year.
We really do appreciate all the support
MEA and SAARC
Skype ID: greggpetersen
We would like to thank-you all for your wonderful support received through this last year and to update you on the situation of the pensioners in Zimbabwe.
- ZAF continues to send all donations through to SOAP in both Harare and Bulawayo who between them support over 350 pensioners. The funds are used to purchase essential food items for the pensioners which are delivered on a monthly basis. Both SOAP's continue to carefully screen all applicants for assistance to ensure only the most deserving are being assisted. The work being done in Zimbabwe is all voluntary and 100% of your donations are being used to feed the elderly.
- Updates from the two SOAPS can be viewed above
- A big thank you to our monthly donors who together donate over $2000 a month to the pensioners. We are also continually amazed by the generosity of the one off donations received through the year. Thank you, the support is very much appreciated and is an enormous help.
- The annual golf day held at Boomerang Golf Club in September 2015 raised over $25 000. Thank you to all who attended and for all the assistance, donations of prizes and raffle items and support that we received. A special thanks to James King and his team at Boomerang Golf Club for all their help and support.
- The Toowoomba Charity Cricket Festival was held on Saturday the 3rd October 2015.This is the second year that it has been held and is now an annual event. Over $5600 was raised this year. We would like to thank Simon and Alex Lamont and all their helpers for organizing this fundraiser, a great day and a great effort.
- Finally thank-you everyone for your support. For anyone who has not received our acknowledgement of thanks and receipts for donations please let us have your email address as we have received donations but either have no contact details or our emails have been returned. Every donation no matter how much makes a big difference and is very much appreciate.
- Should you wish to make a Xmas donation our bank details are as follows:
The Zimbabwe Aid Fund
Updates information and our audited financial accounts are posted on our website. Please like us on Facebook if you wish to join our page and receive regular updates.
Our very best wishes to you all for 2016